For schools and seniors only
This event is for schools and seniors only. But one may try preparing artworks on your own.
Preparations 1: Materials and Tools
- Collect unwanted CDs or DVDs: Teachers need to collect unwanted CD and DVD from all sources; you may ask the students to bring some from home as well. The number of CD/DVD needed for each class depends on how many pieces each student wants to decorate.
- Chinese calligraphy demonstrations: there will be 3 Chinese calligraphy demos for the secondary level; and 3 different demos for the elementary level. Together 6 demos.
- Paper: Sketchbook paper or paper of 65 lb.
- Broad-tip markers: 3mm, best 5mm; one black marker for each student, a few red or other colours to share in class.
- Hanging ribbon: Any color; cut to 10” to 12” length.
- Scissors: For cutting sketch paper and ribbon.
- Wood glue: Glue calligraphy on sketch paper onto CD or DVD. White glue will not stick on CD/DVD.
- Glue gun: An alternative tool to wood glue for secondary students.
- Some recycled paper used as under pad to protect your desk.
- Pencil and eraser.